sAVE a LIFE
Foster Care Agreement
Between Happy Paws Kitten Rescue and Foster Caregiver
First and foremost thank you for choosing to become a foster parent to a deserving animal. Happy Paws Kitten Rescue (HPKR) is a licensed organization dedicated to care for, provide medical treatment, and re-home homeless, abandoned, and abused cats in East Tennessee. We are also dedicated to promoting proper care of animals through community education and to strengthening the human-animal bond.
Deciding to become a foster takes a strong heart and a desire to help animals. In the literal sense fostering means to encourage or promote the development of something. For HPKR, you will provide a safe and loving environment for an animal or animals that otherwise may not have had a chance. The following provisions are in place to ensure that HPKR has the right fosters in place and the animals get the care they deserve.
1. Foster Caregiver agrees to provide adequate food, water, shelter, and kind treatment for said animal at all times. In addition, Foster Caregiver must adhere to all state and local animal laws. Foster Caregiver agrees to follow all additional written instructions from HPKR when applicable.
2. Foster Caregiver agrees to notify HPKR as to any behavioral or health problems of the animal. HPKR reserves the exclusive right to determine the proper course of action to take upon such notification.
3. Foster Caregiver will notify HPKR in the event any change occurs in the address or telephone number provided to HPKR. Foster Caregiver understands and acknowledges that he/she does not have any right or authority to keep the foster animal or place the foster animal in other homes or place with other individuals unless permission is given by HPKR.
4. Foster Caregiver is undertaking these obligations with no claim, now or in the future, to any type of compensation or reimbursement for caring for said animal (with the exception of medically necessary supplies (i.e. KMR), flea treatments, spay/neuter, and vaccines), and the further consideration for undertaking this obligation and caring for said animal is that Foster Caregiver is receiving satisfaction and enjoyment from undertaking this obligation of his or her own free will and because he or she wants to do so and derives satisfaction from doing so.
5. This Agreement is the entire agreement between the parties, and there are no oral promises or representations made in addition to this contract and it may only be changed in a writing signed by both HPKR and Foster Caregiver.
6. Foster caregiver understands that the animal will remain in foster care until HPKR can find appropriate accommodations if at any time the cat is requested to be moved.
Non Profit 501 (c)(3)
Thank you for your interest in fostering! Happy Paws works hard to ensure that our cats are safe and find the best homes possible. Happy Paws pays for all the medical of fosters. We simply ask for fosters to help pay for food and litter while they foster. We are part of a food bank and that can help offset costs. Fosters will be responsible for taking cats to vet appointments to our vet. We use Butler Animal Clinic and Young Williams Spay/Neuter solutions for spay/neuters. Foster cats and kittens will stay in the foster home until they find their forever home. We do not allow crate or caging of any our animals.
We work hard to find our cats homes. To increase adoption time we have adoption events at PetSmart. We recommend that Fosters bring their cats to adoption events. It helps to get them adopted at a much faster pace. If fostering is something you are interested in please fill out the foster agreement/contract with us and someone will contact you soon or Please call 865 765 3400 for more information today!
Please fill out the foster agreement below if you are interested and we will contact you ASAP! Thank you!